Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Those Were The Days




Those Were The Days

The Heavens?
Pic By Ordinary Malaysian


Today it has stopped raining,
for the first time after five wet days
I love the quiet as I look out
of the window
It brings me back to the days when
I was a child
When you have no concept of Tomorrow,
or Yesterday
When all it matters is the moment,
the NOW
When even eating a meal
is a disturbing distraction
When totality is what happens
NOW, not
Tomorrow or Yesterday
For these are alien concepts
You are a foreigner to,
And blessed for being,
who you are
I remember, one day
looking out the door at the heavens
And wondering if someone like me
is looking back at me
My doppleganger?
My memories even extend,
to my days at the crib
Looking up,
at all the loving smiles
raining down at me
A baby that knows nothing beyond,
the IMMEDIATE
And even that,
only vaguely

No comments:

Post a Comment